Thursday 28 April 2011

Great weather in Ontario yesterday... Rain all morning and then thunderstorms in the afternoon. Fortunately the power stayed on at the office but when I pushed the button twice and the garage door at home and it didn't open I knew I wasn't so lucky.

So, my first power outage on 'the dirt road' with no husband. I explained to him on the only corded phone that this was a 'blue' responsibility and I was only in charge of 'pink'. No reaction. So, with just a couple hours before everything went dark I ate a bowl of cold cereal (yummy!), read the paper and settled into bed w/ Tanya by my side to read by flashlight.

Good thing I realized I could move the corded phone into the bedroom and chat the night away by candlelight. Thanks friends and family for the great visits.

Power came on after 11 -- much later than estimated 8:30. Thanks Hydro One...

No comments:

Post a Comment